Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Change.

Recently the weather here has been lovely. I feel fortunate to be able to stroll that campus in seventy degree weather while other students are forced to face frigid temperatures. Something unlucky is my inability to visit family over the Thanksgiving holiday. I'm left to fend for my own and create a massive and flawlessly cooked dinner for Sam and myself. We did, however, have a good friend offer us a place to stay in Santa Fe with her loved ones. I guess we'll see if anything pans out.

School has been so stressful and I'm looking forward to the break next month. I can't believe it's already November! My time here has gone by so fast. I'll be visiting my dad first and heading south in time for Christmas day with my mom and brothers. There is so much I want to do and so many important individuals to see. Last summer I felt guilty for not spending enough quality time with everyone in town. I think this time around I'm going to take it easy and not worry so much.

I've felt so out of touch with reality in the recent months. It seems like poor eating and sleeping habits are really catching up with me. I'm getting more anxious as the days go on and needed a proper outlet. There is a counseling center on campus at no charge to students. I visited today and filled out the necessary forms to talk to a psychologist. My appointment is for next week and I'm looking forward to venting. I realize what I burden sharing problems with someone close to me can be. Having an unbiased opinion about the choices I'm making will provide some constructive criticism for me. I have so much to work on before this next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment